Get the ultimate guide to training for obstacle racing.
Written by Jason Fitzgerald (founder of StrengthRunning.com and winner of the Warrior Dash obstacle race) and Nerve Rush, you will receive over 40 pages of expert advice.
And what’s more it is yours FREE!
Every obstacle course race – be it Tough Guy, Warrior Dash, Spartan Race, Tough Mudder, Atlas Race, Superhero Scramble or Hard Charge – is similar in that they involve mostly running on uneven trails, grass and mud.
You will also be climbing, carrying, traversing, jumping and crawling over obstacles that are meant to slow you down and put you into oxygen debt quickly.
You will have to overcome physical challenges that are solely designed to result in your mental and physical collapse.
Many obstacles are similar to those used in military training, while others are unique to obstacle racing and are employed throughout the course to test endurance, strength, speed and dexterity.
With the ultimate guide you will learn:
- Why obstacle race training is different to regular endurance training.
- What clothes you wear can make a big difference to your performance.
- To assume every obstacle is wet and slippery.
- The perils of mud.
- To avoid bottlenecks at the obstacles and why it’s best not to rush over them.
- Mental preparation.
- The difference in training for a short course (like Warrior Dash) and a long course (like Tough Mudder).
- Obstacle specific training.
- Nutrition (Pre-Race and In-Race Fueling).
- Why course familiarity is important.
- How to warm-up and cool down.
Just enter your email below and your Obstacle Race Training Report will be sent to you.